Christian Student Fellowship
CSF exists to help students find their way back to God on the UIS campus. You can help by praying for the staff and the students they hope to reach this winter and spring. Check out the CSF Facebook page (www.facebook.com/uiscsf) to keep up to date and direct your prayers. CFS Staff includes: Samuel & Renee Nassiff, David & Lindsey Lasley, Abigail Way, and Gretchen Magruder. Below are some ways you might help this important ministry in the coming days and weeks. Also visit their website at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snacks. A group of 20-25 students are gathering each Monday at 8:45 PM. Individually packaged chips, popcorn, sweet snack, candy, or 24 packs of bottled water will be much appreciated. Join in worship if you like.
- Supplies. collapsible cart, reams of paper, blue pens, name tags
- Gift Cards. These are used for prizes and student connections. $10 Door Dash, Walmart, Aldi, Steak N Shake, Starbucks and $25 for Walmart and area restaurants
- Funds. Consider a special financial gift. The annual Spring Fundraising Banquet on April 15th raised $30,000 in support of the ministry!
- Prayer. Pray for the students to remain committed to Jesus Christ and connect with small groups. Pray for the current school year and increased opportunities. Read 12 stories of ministry impact at uiscsf.org
- An International Student Dinner took place on March 17.
- 154 new students received follow-ups from CSF Staff and Student Leaders.
- 21 students heard the Gospel through intentional meetings with staff and student leaders.
- 25 Student attended the CSF Fall Retreat.
- This summer a group from CSF completed a mission trip to the Dominican Republic.
- Other Ways to Bless: Check out CFS's Amazon wish list: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1QXTH56ZYERZV/ref=hz_ls_biz_e
CSF will be visiting Lakeside on August 13 as they gear up the fall semester. It is a busy time of year as they help international students with a furniture drive and host other high impact events for arriving students.
Inner City Mission
ICM is all about helping the homeless find lasting stability. They assist in assisting every person in moving from "shattered" to "shalom" by calming the chaos in the lives of the homeless, promoting their potential, and helping them realize the love of Jesus Christ.
To help you can PRAY:
- Mental & physical health of residents and for opening of deeper conversations for sharing the Gospel.
- Request grace and patience for staff as well as the families.
- Donations: ICM is accepting food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies at 720 N. 7th St.
- Pray for 200 Prayer Partners.
- Pray for Luke & Carly Chitwood who serve there.
- Pray for Lakeside's student ministry which is helping provide childcare monthly as parents are receiving training.
Scott & Connie Payne's book, Unlocking a Broken World gives a window into the homeless world and into the lives of the family and people working or volunteering at the Mission. The book now available. Contact the mission at innercitymission.net You can also read a multi-part article series on homelessness at: innercitymission.net/articles
Inner City Mission staff asks for your PRAYER on their behalf as they seek wisdom and direction in developing a 10-year expansion plan for the mission.
Lakesiders Luke & Carly Chitwood welcomed new baby ,Eliza Jane, on March 12.
Pioneer Bible Translators
Pioneer Bible Translators worldwide is now a team of 573 working among 100.3 million people speaking 106 languages in 27 countries! Visit the PBT website at: pioneerbible.org
Brand New Bibles: Pioneer Bible translators Jeff and Laura Wilhoit along with other PBT staff and Lakeside's Paul & Sunny Boatman traveled to West Africa for a June 23-25 celebration of a translation of the Bible for the Toma people.
Pray for the literacy training and preparations for the dedication. PBT is also working on publishing 20+ books of the Toma Bible electronically by the end of this year, bringing the total number of published books to over 40. Laura reports that in the summer of 2022 they received the complete dramatized audio Toma New Testament that a partner organization Faith Comes By Hearing recorded when Jeff was in West Africa. Co-translators and several Toma speakers voiced all the parts.
- Pray for all the people who will now have the opportunity to hear and read the whole Bible in their own heart language and be transformed by doing so.
- Pray for the preparation and planning of a new Global Sending and Sign Language Center to be built on the PBT grounds in Dallas, TX through Jeff's leadership and oversight.
- For more frequent updates from Jeff & Laura contact email@example.com
- Some needs: a Smartphone for Toma translator to help with distribution, and external hard drive ($5,500).
- Praise! Pastor Jeremie, Joseph & Daniel are now in good health and leading literacy training.
- Pray for the villagers who are participating in literacy classes as they prepare to read the Bible in their own language.
Taking Christ to the Millions International
Would you like to know how to pray for TCM's efforts to equip men and women from 45+ nations for ministry? Mark the date for the November 11 TCMI PrayerFast: a virtual prayer gathering for TCM's mission of training Christian leaders for significant service. Visit www.tcmi.org/pray.
- Lakesider Kristen Spilman served at Haus Edelweiss in Vienna in spring jof 2023.
- April 2023 classes were in session in five sites around the world.
- There are 1,500 students registered and working toward Masters of Arts or Masters of Divinity degrees as they work to become effective kingdom leaders in their churches, cultures and countries.
- Also pray for the international student, Erion of Albania, who's schooling is supported by Lakeside. Pray that his example and testimony will touch many in his ministry location.
- Visit vimeo.com/showcase/tcm to view some short videos detailing the ministry of TCM.
- Pray for Jozef as he shares Christian love between Romanians and Hungarians.
- Pray for Sergei who began a YouTube channel called Voice of the Church as he shares about morality, justice and truth with the Belarusian people.
- TCMI is increasing to 155 the courses offered in Austria, Training Centers around the world, and online.
- Pray for TCMI's hopes and efforts to renew the Higher Learning Commission accreditation for ten more years.
- Pray for professors and students and all those who come to know Jesus through their efforts.
- Pray for the students who are serving Afghan refugees with food, supplies, and Christ's love.
- TCMI became the officially designated seminary for Polish Christians in September of 2022.
- Even through the war, classes continue in Hungary, Albania, Bulgaria, Russia, Moldova, Central Asia, Turkey, Kenya, Czechia, Indy, and Phoenix.
In addition to all that is happening through TCMI regarding the war in Europe and aiding refuges, they continue to provide teaching for more than 2,500 students from nearly 50 countries. The ministry has been working through past and current students help refugees with emergency supplies and transportation. Refugees are also finding shelter and help as they passing through Haus Edelweiss in Heiligenkreuz, Austria. Please PRAY for God’s guidance of the professors as well as for the students to receive and apply what they learn! Gifts for the Ukraine Relief Fund may be made online at www.tcmi.org/give. Utilize the dropdown arrow for designating your gift to the Ukraine Relief. Additionally, The TCMI 2022 Report in short videos at vimeo.com/showcase give excellent information! To learn more go to: www.tcmi.org/ukraine
Missions Events & Opportunities
- August 26, 2024: Inner City Mission celebrates it's 40th Anniversary of hosting the very first resident.
- September 21: First Step Women's Center fundraising banquet.
- October: Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes to be filled by November.
- November 11: Taking Christ to the Millions PrayerFast.
- November 16-18: International Conference on Missions in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Anytime: Pray for Lake Springfield Christian Assembly lscacamp.org/pray