In just a few days, the week of Sunday September 10, Lakeside groups and classes will be starting. You may register for your group and/or class at www.lakesidechristian.com/Groups You may also register at the Groups table in the lobby each Sunday. Below are some descriptions of the groups and classes.
- Sermon-Based Groups. Join one of nine sermon-based group to help apply God’s Word preached each week to your daily life. You will also find fellowship, encouragement, and be challenged to grow by your fellow group members. At the groups table in the lobby, you may pick up a copy of the Gospel of Luke for $5 till they run out. Study Guides will be available starting September 3. Groups will meet from September 10 - November 16 on Mondays or Wednesdays.
- Mom’s Group. Moms, join in a study of how to empower your kids to recognize and challenge cultural lies that would harm them. From the youngest of ages, help them stand on the truth of God’s Word. Childcare is provided. The group will meet in the chapel on Wednesdays at 9:00 AM with Christy Helm leading. Register soon and then begin meeting on September 13.
- Forgiveness Group. Women, learn how to forgive what you can’t forget. Discover how to move on, make peace with painful memories, and find a life that’s beautiful again. The group will meet on Thursdays at 6:00 PM in the Lakeside chapel with Traci Hannah leading starting September 14. This group is limited to ten women.
- Rooted Group. If you would like to dig into the basics of Christian belief and living, put your roots down in our Roots Class. If you invest in this 10-week study, you will be blessed. Mark & Laurie McWilliams will lead the group on Wednesdays. Great for those new or old to the faith. (Children’s programming is available.)
- Wednesday Evening Isaiah Class. This book has been called the Gospel According to Isaiah and presents the most complete and comprehensive descriptions of Christ found in the Old Testament. The class will meet on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm in Room 109 with Steve Helm teaching. (Children’s programming is available.)
- Young Adults. This group is working through the whole Bible helping participants understand the how it all fits together and powerfully conveys God’s truth for living a godly life today. The group meets on Thursdays at 6:30 pm in the Chapel at Lakeside with Mike Hannah leading.
- Adult Bible Classes. Each Sunday morning adult classes meet to study the Bible. At 9:00 am elder Steve Helm leads a study through a book of the Bible. At 10:30 am elder Mike Hannah leads a study through the Bible. These classes are a great way to meet and encourage others while growing in the Word.
- God's Servants. This group for women will be learning from God's servants how to handle life's struggles. Sandy Paustian will lead the group on Tuesdays at 11:00 am at Lakeside Room 120.
Remember to register for your group and/or class at www.lakesidechristian.com/Groups You may also register at the Groups table in the lobby each Sunday.